Monday, September 3, 2012

DYEING TO FIND THE TIME

I've been dyeing to find the time...waiting for a nice drying day.....



........they are gorgeous - at least I think so.  So much so that I had to spin some up straight away!  There is no doubt in mind that Tasmanian Superfine Merino fibre is just THE best. 

Also been batt-ing with my Strauch Madd Batt'r.  This one is blended SF merino with angelina fibre,  nylon glitz, recycled sari silk thread and a bit of hand dyed border leicester fleece. 

 
 
Spun it semi-worsted at about a 10 ply. 9 wpi.  About 200 grams there.  Had fun making it and I think it will make a great cowl or shrug.  Will be on the shelf at The Lucky Ewe on opening day next week.
 

About Me

My photo
The Lucky Ewe is the "wool stash" room of Oatlands Handmade. Stocking fleece, fibre, yarn and all sorts of goodies for textile makers. The Lucky Ewe also stocks a range of clothing / wearable art, kits, accessories and books.